Reduced capacity due to COVID-19. Federal mandate states masks are to be worn while boarding, disembarking, moving through the train, and when not actively eating or drinking.
For Everyone’s Enjoyment & Safety
- The Spirit of Jasper Passenger train leaves at the time indicated and cannot be held for late passengers. Passengers may begin boarding the train one-half (½) hour prior to departure.
- Seats are not assigned, but are available on a first-come, first-served basis unless an entire car has been chartered. When a car has been chartered, the attendants will notify passengers which cars are available for seating.
- Everyone riding the train must have a ticket, including children. Boarding tickets will be issued at the depot.
- No smoking is allowed anywhere on the train.
- Alcoholic beverages may not be carried onto or off the train.
- Food may not be carried onto the train, unless provided by a caterer hired for the event with the approval of the City of Jasper.
- A cash bar (no credit cards accepted) and light snacks will be available for purchase on board the train in the Parlour Car.
- Pets are not permitted on excursions, except for service animals which are always welcome. Please notify an attendant if you have a service animal.
- Passengers shall take all of their personal items with them when departing the train. The City of Jasper will not be responsible for lost or stolen items left on the train.
- The City of Jasper will make every effort to maintain its train excursion schedule, but reserves the right to alter train excursion schedules or equipment without notice. The City of Jasper disclaims liability for inconvenience, expense, or damages of any kind, including incidental, consequential, punitive, lost profits, loss of business or otherwise, resulting from delays, cancellations, shortages or equipment, or any other cause.
- The City of Jasper has the right to revise its fares, policies and services at any time, without notice.
Notice to Passengers with Disabilities:
The City of Jasper welcomes and attempts to provide accommodations for all of its passengers, including those with disabilities. The City of Jasper operates historic railroad equipment, the construction of which limits accessibility to certain cars; however, access to the Lounge Car 300 is available. Please inform the City of Jasper in advance of any special needs for a passenger and the City will attempt to make accommodations.
You have until the Monday before the scheduled trip to call in and cancel. No refunds can be given, however, tickets can be exchanged for another ride.